How to Set up a Pack and Play for Your Baby?
Planning on a trip? Have a small apartment? Have a lot of housework to do but can’t leave your baby while he/she is awake? Answer your needs by acquiring a pack and play. If you are on a trip you can set up a pack and play so that you can relax and enjoy while you let your baby play in it. If you have a small apartment, you can use a pack play to minimize space consumption. You can just set it up when your baby needs it and disassemble it when you are having a bonding time with your baby.
When you need to take care of housework, you can leave your baby for a while in a pack and play. If you are planning to purchase a pack and play and still does not know how to assemble one, here is an easy step by step instructions on how to set up a pack and play. But first, let’s learn more about a pack and play.
What is a Pack and Play?
A pack and play is like a crib that you can assemble and disassemble. It gives a safe place for your baby to play. You can also put safe toys in it to keep your baby entertained. It is also a safe place to sleep for your baby. You don’t have to worry about your baby falling off. The good thing about pack and play is that you can set it up anywhere you like so you can comfortably play with your baby or do your work while checking on him/her from time to time.
Types of Pack and Play
Basic Pack and Play
This pack and play has the standard features which allow your baby to play safely. In addition, it has removable bassinet, changing table, and storage pockets where you can put the stuff that your baby needs. You can also include your best baby thermometer in it when you travel if you worry that your baby may catch a fever. Compared to the other type, it is lighter and includes a carrying bag for easier transport.
Deluxe Pack and Play
This pack and play has all the characteristics of a basic pack and play but it has added premium features. This may include extravagant mattress, baby massage chair, larger bassinet, or even electronic entertainment for your baby. Because of these additional attributes, it is bulkier compared to basic pack and play.
Basic Parts of a Pack and Play
- Mattress – This is where your pack and play is wrapped when it is not in use. It also serves its purpose of providing a comfortable surface for your baby when it is set up.
- Rails – This is basically the side of your pack and play which is enclosed in net and fabric.
- Central pedestal – This is the middle bottom part of the pack and play that supports the weight of the playpen and your baby.
- Button – Located in the middle of the rails, this button is use in disassembling your pack and play.
- Velcro straps – This is attached at the bottom of the mattress and functions to secure the mattress in place when set up and serves as a lock when the mattress is wrapped around your pack and play.
Which Type is Better?
You can choose either of the two types depending on your needs. If you hate the hassle of setting up a lot of additional features, and you want efficiency, I recommend a basic type of pack and play. But if you want to give your baby the best luxury, then I recommend a deluxe type of pack and play. In this article I will teach you to set up a basic pack and play. I chose the basic one because there a lot of varieties of premium feature in the deluxe type which we can’t enumerate one by one. Also, these features have just simple instructions to set up.
How to Set Up a Pack and Play
Before I teach you on how to set up a pack and play, here are some things that you should take note of.
- Check the instruction manual for additional features and follow them very carefully.
- Make sure that your product is in a good shape and has no broken or missing parts. Never use it if it has.
- Make sure that your railings are secured.
- Always consider your baby’s weight when using a pack and play.
Step 1. Choose a Place to Put your Pack and Play
The place you choose must have enough space to accommodate your pack and play. It would be good if you put it in a place where you can also move freely and interact with your baby. When at home you can choose a place where you can easily check your baby while doing your housework.
Step 2. Set up your Pack and Play
Here are the steps on how to set up a pack and play.
- Unpack your pack and play. Usually, it is wrapped in the mattress. Put the mattress aside for later attachment. If there are accessories, separate them too.
- Put your pack and play in an upright position. Grab the railings from the center and pull them up until they are spread out enough to stand.
- Lock the side rails. In doing this pull up the longer rails first followed by the shorter rails. You will hear a click while pulling them. This tells you that the rails are properly locked. You should hear four clicks, one for each rail.
- Push down the central pedestal. Before doing so, make sure that all of the rails are properly locked. Push the central piece down until you hear a click. This lets you know that it is properly locked.
- Place the mattress. Put the mattress in the surface of your pack and play making sure that the Velcro straps are positioned at the bottom. The Velcro straps secures that your mat’s position and makes sure that it will not move out of place.
Step 3. Decorate your Pack and Play
This step is not particularly necessary but if you want better entertainment and additional features that will help your baby improve his/her cognitive development, you can decorate your pack and play the way you want. You can also add accessory features.Once you’re done, it is now ready for your baby to play in.
I hope this article helped you learn how to set up a pack and play. Although there are now a lot of accessories and elements in the market that go with a pack and play, these are the basic steps that you need to know to be able to assemble a fully functional pack and play. For those who want to put decorations and extras in their pack and play, I suggest to follow the instructions very carefully. Have fun setting up and decorating your pack and play!Did you like this article? If so, please a comment below and share this with your friends. Thank you for reading!
15 Tricks About How To Get Children To Sleep In Own Bed, please click here!